Book Library Blog

Introducing our new Graduate Trainnees

Monday, 28 October, 2013 by Book Library Team

Hello, I’m Bobbie Winter-Burke and I am one of the new Graduate Trainees in the Book Library. Before joining The Courtauld in September, I was a Library Assistant at Middlesex University in Hendon. As I knew I wanted to work in art libraries, during the four months I spent at Middlesex I also volunteered one day a week at The Whitechapel Gallery organising and cataloguing their curatorial library. Prior to working in libraries, I set up and ran a small bookshop for an independent art publishing house, which is where I began to be interested in the collection development aspects of library work.

I studied English Literature at the University of Sussex and since graduating have worked in quite a variety of organisations including theatres, galleries and museums, as well as medical publishing, archives, and a public health organisation. I am excited to be part of such a small and specialised team and I look forward to getting to know the library collection and its users better over the year.

Bobbie

Hello, my name is Cait Peterson, and I’m one of the new Graduate Trainees in the Courtauld Book Library. Before starting this post, I spent a year working as an Information Assistant at Kingston University.  I finished my masters in Library Science at City University at the end of September, and I wrote my dissertation on the library’s potential role in artistic ‘inspiration’. My interest is in art librarianship specifically, and this position at the Courtauld is a wonderful opportunity for me to gain experience in a specialist art library. My background is in illustration, and I did my first degree at Camberwell College of Art, University of the Arts London. I look forward to spending an interesting and exciting year at the Courtauld!

Caitlin

Categories: Courtauld Book Library | Comments Off